I must admit, this week was a bit more stressful than most (lately).
And I’m not even working!
The job search has been going… but has not necessarily been super successful. Yes, I’ve heard back from jobs, but it just leads me further into questions about a ‘life plan’ and what I actually should be doing as opposed to what I’m super-qualified to do, etc. I just don’t know which direction to take!
I’ll post more on this later, but it’s been a bit of a frustrating time!
Although, this week wasn’t without its (pretty awesome) highlights: I spent time with amazing girlfriends on Monday night, I enjoyed dinner and drinks with one of my absolute favorites on Tuesday night, and on Wednesday the Husband and I joined some other couples for a picnic in a nearby park.
And now I’m mentally and physically exhausted.
It was just this type of week. The kind where I pass out after CrossFit without even showering.
Let’s get onto the Friday Four, shall we?
4 Favorite Things:
- Wearing my hair down and natural every.single.day.
- Frosted Flakes
- Getting my butt to CrossFit (consistently)
- Finally finishing (and still being obsessed with) ‘Stumbling on Happiness‘
- I kind of sucked at posting blog posts ‘on time’ this week. And by ‘on time’ I mean ‘before 11am’. I don’t know why it seems like all bloggers wake up early to read blogs, but they do! I personally read blogs in the late morning/early afternoon, but maybe that’s just me. Anyway, the one day I actually *gasp* wrote a blog post 2 days ahead of time, I forgot to publish it so it still didn’t get posted on time. Sigh.
- I get (possibly unreasonably) upset when airline tickets get more expensive overnight. Small story: The Husband and I have been planning to go to Buenos Aires this fall to visit friends. Well, of course we’re on a bit of a tighter budget right now with this whole one income thing, but oh well, we’re still going! Anyway, we have so much going on that we also haven’t been able to solidify dates for this trip… long story short, the price of tickets to BA somehow sky-rocketed within the last week (or so) and now it looks like we’ll be paying $1000 more in flight costs alone. Boooo! Can’t the airlines just give us all a little warning before they jack prices up? Like ‘oh, if you’re looking at this ticket now you should probably buy it, because tomorrow it’s going to be $400 more expensive!’ That would be nice, airlines!!
- On Wednesday I woke up at 10:30am and then proceeded to stay in bed (eating mac & cheese) until 3pm. This is NOT the way I would normally choose to spend a day, but it was kind of nice having the ‘luxury’ to be able to do it!
- Facebook is sometimes dangerous for me because I get in the habit of comparing myself to others. However, blogging (for me) is the opposite! When I read blogs and scan through my Twitter feed, I can instantly relate to people and feel much more encouraged about whatever is going on in my day. Thanks for being oh-so-very-real, guys!
4 Favorite Links Articles:
- On the flexible mind (via Zen Habits)
- On asking yourself why to have kids (via From Two To One)
- On women leaving the workforce and later coming back (via The New York Times)
- On new jobs people will have in 25 years (via Fast Company)
4 Posts I Wrote This Week:
- Crossing things off my ‘never have I ever’ list. (Mon)
- Attempting to unplug (but only for a few hours per day, let’s not get crazy here). (Tues)
- Why does no one find my blog by searching ‘perfect housewife’ or other more pleasant search terms? (Wed)
- Mental gifts and other good intentions. (Thurs)
The Husband and I are off to Boston this weekend to see my cousin and his lovely bride-to-be get MARRIED! Plus, we’re going to visit with one of my best friends from high school and her husband… Yay!!!
Cheers to a great week and a fun weekend!