Life has been going by in a blur of activity lately.
Which is kind of crazy since I’m supposed to be recovering from childbirth, or something. If there’s one thing I know about myself, it’s that I’m terrible at resting. After one too many hours in bed or on the couch, I get an almost depressed feeling. I’m great at doing relaxing activities (yoga, walking, running, drinking coffee with friends…) but alas, sitting on the couch and physically resting/recovering is not my thing.
Although, the cure to this is a good book. Right now I’m loving this book.
Other Things I’m Loving Right Now:
- This lamp that Tim bought me for my birthday. (Only the most romantic gifts are given en la casa de Benroeck.) But seriously, it’s perfection.
- Having a sleepy newborn. I love the newborn phase because my babies come out huge and hungry and sleepy and this one loves to snuggle with me! Yes, I will take all of the newborn snuggles, please.
- Avocado toast. Can you believe I ate it for the first time the other week (at Fat Hen) and only made it for the first time this week? I know, I know, I have been missing out. Here’s the recipe I used and loved.
- Clara’s communication. She’s just starting to put words together into phrases and I absolutely love being able to communicate more effectively back and forth with her. But then I realize my baby isn’t a baby and she’s turning into an older toddler who will then turn into a kid and then I want to cry. Darn hormones.
- These leggings that I wear all day every day. I can wear my pre-pregnancy jeans (Hallelujah!) but they aren’t comfortable with the healing incision, so I’m still all about everything elastic and loose.
- The goodies I just purchased from a consignment store in town (for Isabelle) and online via ThredUp (for me). I love buying ‘used’ (sometimes it still has tags on it!) clothing!