What I read from around the web

This week was amazing. Like, one of the best weeks of my year type of amazing. And it isn’t even over yet! It was so good that I don’t have any energy to type it all out right now, so I’m going to enjoy this glass of wine Tim just poured for me and hop into bed and schedule this post for tomorrow morning and journal about all of the greatness – because I’m old fashioned like that.

Week RecapThis Week in Photos:

• We spent Mothers Day in Washington DC and I was spoiled rotten – absolutely rotten.
  • Strawberries are in season and I couldn’t be happier. A friend subscribed us to a fruit-of-the-month club and they sent the BEST and biggest strawberries I’ve ever eaten. Delicious!
  • I miss these girls already! I really need to go back to DC more often.
  • I love watching Clara interact with her little (but growing!) friends. They’re so interested in each other now!

Worth Reading:

// “There are 300,000 items in the average American home (LA Times).” (here)

// “With Alzheimer’s disease, she would write, it is ‘extraordinarily difficult for one’s body to die in tandem with the death of one’s self.’ That day at Mapstone’s office, she vowed that she would figure out a way to take her own life before the disease took it from her.” (here)

// “Today I am making my decisions based on the flip of a coin. If heads, I stay on task. If tails, I indulge myself. There is a flip every half hour.” (here)

// “I have this theory that post-apocalyptic entertainment–stories like The Walking Dead and Revolution–are so popular because we all long for a return to simplicity. Deep down we don’t like that we’ve co-opted our freedom and surrendered it to devices made of silicon, plastic, and glass.” (here)

// “Clutter, however you define it, can be bad for your health. According to the Psychology Today, people tend to feel like life is out of control when they surround themselves with more things than they can manage. The mess causes stress. If you’re not taking care of the clutter in your home, you may not be taking care of yourself either.” (here)

I hope you had a fantastic week, as well!

This entry was posted in links, week recap and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to What I read from around the web

1. Katie @ A Beautiful Little Adv says:

I’m glad you had an awesome week! Thanks for the multiple de-cluttering articles. I’ve been trying hard to get rid of all our junk and excess stuff before the baby comes. I want to start with a clean and calm house because I know chaos will continue to build and I need all the encouragement I can get!

Ohmygosh it is SUCH a good idea to declutter before the baby comes, because if you’re anything like us, your house will look like it EXPLODED baby stuff once you have a newborn! I tried to keep all of the baby stuff to a minimum but somehow it keeps filling our house!

2. Cassie Lee says:

So glad you had a nice mother’s day! I’m going to read a few of those links now!

3. Thanks for sharing the links! I love finding new posts to read

4. Erin says:

SUCH good links today, friend!!! The “STUFF” article about what we own is so gross to me… yuck yuck yuck! Decluttering and simplifying make me happier than anything. At least once a week I tell Jared I wish we lived in a simpler time. Sure, technology is great- but I wish things were a slower-pace and easier like they were back when.

Yep! I wonder if every generation wishes life was slower like in the ‘old days’ or if it’s just us because of technology. I’m on a mission to simplify this weekend… we’ll see if it happens! Decluttering definitely helps me relieve some of my anxiety.

5. Marcie B says:

What’s the name of the fruit-of-the-month club? I want to buy it for myself!! 🙂

6. ha! I totally agree with the Walking Dead-related article. Also: I’ve totally spent way too much time thinking about what my plan of attach would be if the zombie apocalypse happened tomorrow. 😀 😀
    xox
    giedre

7. Kelly says:

I agree, strawberry season is my favorite!

xx Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

8. Lisa says:

I definitely don’t journal as much as I should – but I keep up a little journal so that Clara can (hopefully) read it one day and know a little bit more about me!