Guys, not only is it a Friday, but this is also the first day of our (the Husband’s and my) first anniversary weekend!
Yep, a year ago we were all in Jamaica and I was having the time of my life. I could tear up just thinking about it.
I have no idea what we’re going to do all weekend (probably annoy each other) but at least I can count on doing something together!
Our ‘real’ celebration was going to Argentina/Uruguay a few weeks ago (we are spoiled rotten) and I already can’t wait for our second anniversary trip… Yay! I have no idea where we’ll go, but a girl can dream, right?
Anyway, my one goal of this year was to finish our wedding and honeymoon scrapbooks by our first anniversary, and I can assure you that this is not happening. Not even close. I need at least 10 more years at the rate I’m going.
But that’s neither here nor there and none of this has anything to do with Friday Fours, so let’s get on with it!
Do you think it’s time for me to bring in my summer reading chair yet?!
4 Favorite Things:
- Hot chocolate.
- Puggle snuggles.
- Winter jackets.
- When I was working I could think of a bijillion things to do on a day off, now that I am not working I am 0% productive with my days. There’s always tomorrow, right?
- I was just starting to enjoy fall when we got our first snowfall this week. What.the.heck. I still have my ‘tanning’/reading chair on our deck, I’m clearly not ready for winter!
- I always get sucked in to watching Law & Order SVU marathons, and then I can’t go anywhere in my house without worrying that someone is hiding behind a door waiting to attack me.
- I am refusing, absolutely refusing to wear my heaviest winter jacket even though it’s freezing in Chicago. Mainly, I’m afraid of what’s going to happen when it drops well BELOW freezing and I don’t have any warmer jackets to put on… so I choose to freeze now in an effort to feel warmer in the future. I’m not entirely sure this makes any logical sense.
4 Links Articles:
- On selfless compassion (via Zenhabits)
- On Obamacare (via Slate)
- On wanting it all from a spouse (via NY Times)
- On ‘Blurred Lines’ (via The Guardian)
4 Posts I Wrote This Week:
- Well, at least I made $17.20 (and other thoughts from jury duty)! (Mon)
- Do you schedule your workouts? (Tues)
- What I mean when I say I’m a feminist. (Wed)
- No post! (Thurs)
Allow me to introduce you to my featured blogger this week! Nikki from “Rural Rookie“ is such a sweet and entertaining lady/writer and I’m excited to be able to share her blog with my readers! Nikki has done something I would never do… she moved to to a super rural town to be with her man. Now let me just say, thank goodness the Husband also lived in Chicago and I didn’t have to move to the middle of nowhere for him, because I don’t think we’d still be together! (Sorry, husband!) But this just made me all the more intrigued as to Nikki’s story! But Nikki doesn’t only write about rural-type things (but seriously, have you ever read a blog post about herding cattle before?) she also writes about some seriously personal stuff, and I could especially relate to this post about parents divorcing after over a quarter century of marriage (my own parents did this a few years ago). Now I know you’re all thinking the same thing: this girl sounds pretty great, but does she have a DOG?! Of course she does! Her little guy is named Joey and he’s just as profound as he is cute!
I could go on about Nikki and her blog for quite a while, but instead – I’ll let you check her out for yourself!
** Want your blog to be featured?
Cheers to milestones!