Let’s Grab Some Coffee, Because Every Monday Requires Extra Caffeine

If I had a few child-free hours today, I’d invite you to coffee/tea to catch up on life. Nothing would make me happier than some friend time!

During this coffee date…

I would order a Chai latte (obviously) or possibly a cherry blossom frapp if we were at Starbucks. I almost never order frapps, but since I’m about 9 months pregnant I feel like I should be enjoying some guilt-free indulging.

I would say that I’m 36 weeks pregnant and it’s starting to hit me that this is really going to happen. Like, I’m going to have another child. And I’m going to need to go through this whole labor and delivery thing again. And the newborn phase again. And we still haven’t done much to prepare, but the arrival of Baby Beni is definitely sneaking up on me in a hurry!

I would tell you that I’ve had a cold the last few days (thanks, Clara!) and am taking it as a reminder of how important rest is, especially this month. I will not feel guilty for resting, I will not feel guilty for resting… (is what I’m repeating to myself as often as it’s needed.)

The view from Suncadia Lodge

I would share that my little family had a mini-babymoon this past weekend and we went to Leavenworth & Suncadia and it was a wonderful few days. For our first babymoon Tim & I went to Europe (and it was amazing) but this weekend trip was about Clara and spending time with her while she’s still an only child. We had a blast playing in the snow, hiking, eating, and laughing a lot together.

I would also complain that there are about a bijillion pics of Tim and Clara from our trip away, and almost none of me – typical! (Guess who’s in charge of the family picture taking?!) I just hope Clara knows that I participated in her childhood, too!

Floating Through The Third Trimester

I stand corrected, Tim did take at least one pic of me from the trip! Look how much fun I’m having with the family! Sigh.

I would ask you if you’ve been watching March Madness and how your bracket is doing. I would tell you that every year I watch as many games as possible, and this year has been no exception. I love the upsets and the buzzer beating shots!

I would ask you what the date is (I never remember the date) and then would be shocked when I realized I turn 30 in less than two weeks. Wow, time flies!

I would tell you that Clara is miraculously 95% potty trained, without us really needing to do anything. I’m honestly amazed at how easy it was, since I have no idea what I’m doing in this area. Thank goodness for advice from friends and some maternal intuition! Knock on wood – it looks like I won’t have two kids in diapers after all!

I would admit that I’m tired again. Like, really worn out. And that I’m probably still too busy but I don’t want to stop doing things because I know everything is going to be harder once Baby Beni arrives, and I’m trying to take advantage of the ‘freedom’ I have now. And I’m also enjoying having my boobs to myself – I’m definitely appreciating that.

How was your weekend?! What’s on your mind today?

This entry was posted in currently and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Let’s Grab Some Coffee, Because Every Monday Requires Extra Caffeine

You are getting so close to becoming a family of 4! Hopefully once little Beni has arrived you will quickly get into a routine. Can’t wait to keep up with the transition! I’m sure Clara will love it

I know, it feels so close yet so far away! Clara is going to be SO excited. The amount of attention she already pays to the baby belly is crazy and I’m going to have my hands full making sure she doesn’t over-love the baby once (s)he doesn’t have my uterus for protection!

2. Well, since you asked, my bracket is not doing well at all. Fortunately I didn’t have MSU winning the national title in any of my four brackets (I fill out different brackets for every pool I enter, because that makes things more interesting), but having them lose in the first round did not do me any favors. Neither did having Xavier lose yesterday >.<

3. love this and no my bracket isn’t doing well at all either ha. xoxo

4. Jordyn says:

I’ve heard so many great things about Suncadia! The family I used to nanny for would take their daughters there every year and they loved it. Leavenworth is so cute too!

Oh it was BEAUTIFUL! I highly recommend it. They had a Livingsocial deal so that made it even better (or at least more affordable). If you have any other weekend getaway spots you love, let me know!

5. Hanka Richterová says:

Hi from a long time overseas reader (Prague to be precise) – just want to say I really love these posts because they’re so personal and real. Take it easy now and just shamelessly relax, you deserve it!

Aw, thanks so much for the encouragement! I went to Prague for my babymoon with Clara and LOVED it! What an awesome city. I’m working on the shamelessly relaxing but this toddler o’ mine seems to have other ideas about what I should be doing with my time! 😉

6. Clara is such a big girl now!I hope that you all had fun this weekend!

I KNOW! How did she get so old!? Although right now she’s having a mini-tantrum on the floor and I’m not sure if this makes her older or younger in my mind but it’s definitely making me less sentimental. Hahaha!

anytime you want to vent or chat about labor and birth stuff, you know I’m here for you lady. you will be amazing, no matter what happens. and also, yes to having a potty trained child!!! every time Amelia tells me she is peeing or pooping, I ask her if she wants to go on the potty, and she says no, so we are not quite there yet haha. I’m thinking I might invest in her own potty and see if that jumpstarts her interest since it’ll be her size.

Oh you know that you’re on my very, very short list of people to talk to about this stuff! I have my 36 week OB appointment tomorrow and my doula appointment on Thursday, so expect me to be reaching out this week! And totally buy the small potty. They’re like $10 and we have two of them. We just left it by our toilets so she could sit on hers while we were going to the bathroom, and she loved it! She wouldn’t use it every day, but she got the general idea. I think not pushing it was key for us because she got interested without the pressure.

8. “I will not feel guilty for resting” I feel you! Of course, I don’t have pregnancy and chasing a toddler as an excuse like you do. Well, excuse isn’t the right word. I don’t have these wonderful things to need rest from. lol Also Yay for Clara for potty training!