In the past I’ve had a love/hate relationship with Valentine’s Day, but now that I have kids, I’m in a major ‘love it’ phase. I loved creating little valentines for their friends and I loved the craft Clara made at school and I loved that Clara was so excited about the whole thing.
Valentine’s Day morning I had such high hopes… Tim was going to take a few hours off work so he could stay at home in the morning and make heart-shaped pancakes for the girls. And they were going to be pink! We had it all figured out!
Well, in true Tim & Lisa fashion, we didn’t really plan ahead. The heart-shaped cookie cutters (that I swear we own) were nowhere to be found, and the food dye was too light, so we ended up with regular-colored start shaped pancakes instead. Wah wah. Clara and Isabelle still loved them so I’m considering it a win.
Clara is so proud of her (first handmade) Valentine’s Day card!
But enough about that. I want to share a list of…
Things I Love
(in no particular order)
- My faith
- Dark chocolate
- Being active
- This vacuum. I have to explaiin… I hate cleaning with a passion, but I use this vacuum at least five times per day. With two excessively messy eaters on my hands, I feel like all I do is clean the floors – and this has been a life saver. Not to mention all of the dog hair I’m also always cleaning up…
- Finishing something. Anything.
- Dry humor
- Clara’s preschool
- Political podcasts
- Trying something new
- Scandal and Olivia Pope’s wardrobe
- Tinybeans. If you have a kid and are not using this app, I think you are doing it wrong. I just went through all 2.5 years of pics I have on it (starting with Clara’s birth) and was in tears by the end. Download this one.
- Hot chocolate from Chocolati Cafe
- My library card and alllllll of the books
- The concept of minimalism. I am not yet a minimalist, but I am actively working on it.
- A new recipe
- This tea
- The newborn baby phase. Am I the only person who loves this phase? I might be.
- Personality quizzes
- Handwritten letters
- Being outdoors
- French fries
- Mountains. I had always wondered if living in a place with mountains would make me immune to their beauty… and I can say that after 18 months, the answer is still, nope!
- Chatting with a good friend
- Slippers or comfy socks
- Self reflection
- Doing taxes (I’m crazy, I know.)
- This nail polish
- Getting to know my girls’ unique personalities
- Being intentional
- Road trips
- Stephen Colbert
- Taking photos
- Learning about people’s lives
- Bath and Body Works candles
- March Madness. And football.
- My daily coffee
- Raw cookie dough and brownie batter
- Neutral color
- Living in cities
- Rainy days
- Shopping at thrift/consignment stores
And Valentine’s Day wouldn’t be complete without mentioning my husband and our two girls! I love that Tim is silly, kind, generous, and loyal. I love that Clara is independent, smart, goofy, and joyful. I love that Isabelle is squishy, determined, resilient, and cuddly. And (because self-love is important, too!) I love that I’m intentional, witty, motivated, and friendly.