A little coffee date chit chat

Let’s pretend you and I are on a coffee date, shall we? I could use some girl time, so this works out perfectly. Also, in this ideal scenario we don’t have our kids with us. Perfect.

coffee date thoughts

Speaking of kids… this one is getting braver and braver and is cruising all over our furniture!

On this coffee date…

+ I would confess that (and I really do feel awful for saying this) I actually kind of like it when my kids are just a little bit sick every once in a while. Like, the kind of sick where they have a fever for one day and no stomach problems and bounce back the next day. This happens to Clara every 6 months or so and it’s always a good day for me. I’M AWFUL, I KNOW. But you see, on sick days she has low energy and I feel zero guilt in allowing her to take long naps and watch Daniel Tiger all the day long. And while she’s doing that I can clean the house and write this blog post in peace! It is so good, guys. Plus, PLUS, I can get some extra snuggles in. Of course, I hope she feels better tomorrow and that this is just her little body fighting off a cold. She says she doesn’t feel sick and she’s eating fine, she’s just low on energy. Whatever, I’ll take it. But also, please don’t judge me too harshly (is what I would beg you on our coffee date). Moving on…

+ I would ask you (yet again) if you watch Scandal and if you said no I would insist that you start ASAP.

+ I would say that Isabelle is our easiest child lately and her schedule is going like clockwork, which is such a great feeling! I love a predictable child.

+ I would ask you what your favorite snack is, because I could use some healthy inspiration in that department.

+ I would ask what you’re giving up for Lent, if anything. This Lenten season I want to read the Bible every day (which I should do anyways), and I’m still deciding on whether I’m going to choose to give something up.

+ I would tell you that a few short months ago I had a toddler who was in bed by 8pm every night, but I would let you know that this same toddler is now up until 10pm every single evening and I’m wondering what the heck happened and how I can get the previous version of her back.

+ I would tell you that you should read this book (“The Boys In the Boat”) if you haven’t already.

+ I would exclaim that my baby is 10 months old! Actually, I kind of kept waiting for the day in which she would turn 10 months and missed it because February doesn’t have a 30th day – duh, Lisa.

+ I would boast that I made awesome brownies and buttercream frosting the other day and I’m definitely going to use those same recipes again in the future.

+ I would admit that I’ve been spending far too many minutes/hours/etc checking in on April the giraffe who is evidently never having her baby. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, consider yourself lucky.

+ I would ask if you watched the Oscars, because I didn’t and I’m so glad. I would not have been able to handle the secondhand embarrassment from the ending! I bet Steve Harvey was relieved that it’s not just him anymore!

+ I would admit that I’m sad that Corinne isn’t on The Bachelor anymore. I can’t wait for Bachelor in Paradise because I’m sure she’ll be on it!

+ I would say that I’m ready for spring. SO READY. But also I want to get into the mountains to play in some snow first.

coffee date thoughts

bow from Little Poppy Co.

What would you order on a coffee date? I’m still on a latte kick over here!

This entry was posted in currently and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A little coffee date chit chat

1. Kayla Quinerly says:

I love Scandal and How to get away with murder! My faves

I keep hearing that ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ is sooo good. I’m adding it to my list!

• Kayla Quinerly says:

It’s awesome! My adrenaline is always high at the end of most episodes! The writing has improved this last season! Viola is EVERYTHING

2. Scandal is the best! I hope Clara gets the memo and goes back to that 8pm bedtime!

Believe you me, I am trying to communicate this plan as best as I can, but she is completely disinterested in working with me.

Let’s just get Clara and Amelia together in a room at bedtime and let them tire each other out. They might be going to bed at 10 but at least we wouldn’t have to deal with them.

YES. We’ll put them in a room with tons of pillows and that’s it, so we can be assured they won’t injure themselves and then we will go outdoors and drink wine. This plan is happening in the summer, in my mind.

4. Heather says:

I still haven’t watched Scandal but have heard so many good things!!

5. I will totally not judge you harshly on that first one because that’s exactly how I felt when Bensen had a random fever a couple of weeks ago.

I was watching Scandel and I fell behind, I need to get caught up.

Bensen likes to stay up until 9 or later most nights too. Luckily, he’s still unable to open his door so he just walks around in his room talking to himself and reading books. I kind of feel bad, but he’s never annoyed, so not at the same time. We still have him in bed with lights out and his door shut by 8 or 8:30 every night though.

THANK YOU. I’m glad you get it. HOW DID I NOT REMEMBER YOU WATCH SCANDAL?! I just got to season 6 so I’m practically caught up!

• I kind of fell behind with my final semester, cleaning my house over the summer and then Emmy’s early appearance. I should see if there are new episodes I haven’t seen on Netflix and catch up OnDemand. Bachelor is the only one I stay caught up on unfortunately….

6. Are you binge-watching scandal or are you caught up?? It’s SO GOOD.

WELL I just finished the finale of Season 5 so I’m still binge watching season 6 but I don’t want to be caught up because HOW DO PEOPLE WAIT AN ENTIRE WEEK BETWEEN EPISODES?!

7. While I’m not sad at all that Corinne is gone, because I never liked her in the first place and she became even less fun to love to hate as the show went on, because once Taylor was gone she really had no one to fight with anymore, I WILL say that I’m annoyed that tonight’s outcome is all but guaranteed, given the fact that they’ve already announced Rachel is the Bachelorette. She has to be the one going home tonight, because there’s no way they’d spoil the ENTIRE show by putting her in the finale, which she quite obviously does not win. (Unless my dream for this season comes true and she turns down NIck’s proposal, which would, really truly, be the most dramatic season finale of the Bachelor ever.) If Rachel had gone home last week instead of Corinne (which I was sure would happen), there would at least be some tension about tonight’s show. But now there’s not and I will forever be annoyed at ABC for not having the patience to wait like four weeks to announce Rachel as the Bachelorette and spoiling at least part of the outcome of this season in the process.

I hate how invested I am in this stupid, stupid show. Haha.

I agree. I don’t understand why the Bachelorette was announced early and now I don’t really like watching any of the rose ceremonies as much because WHEN IS RACHEL GOING HOME?! Maybe no one gets the final rose. I would love that. I was so convinced that Rachel was going home last week because why would Nick keep Corinne this long and then NOT bring her into a fantasy suite?! The whole thing makes no sense.

8. …that giraffe still hasn’t had her baby? I swear I first saw the live video last week. That poor giraffe… lol. Can I also just note that Raquel the nanny was NOT all she was built up to be! WTF. (But really, she was more nanny-like and less housekeeper-y…)
    I gave up yelling at my dog for Lent. She’s been pushing my buttons lately, though, and I’ve been failing pretty hard…

SHE STILL HASN’T. What the heck, April?! I was underwhelmed by Raquel, I must admit. Wah wah.

Maybe I should give up yelling at Ozzie! I’m not sure I could do it, quite honestly. The other day he woke up BOTH GIRLS from their naps and I was none too pleased.