Have you listened to this podcast yet?!

This week was not a great week for the Benroeck ladies. Isabelle got a stomach bug that caused a night o’ puking and a few days of other digestive issues. Then, of course, I got it and spent all day yesterday in bed/on the couch feeling really nauseous. Thankfully, Tim took two days off work to help out so I didn’t have to worry about taking care of the girls by myself.

AND as an extra bonus, both girls slept all the way through the night last night for the first time ever.

Silver linings.

** Tangent, I just had to stop writing this post because Isabelle had an explosive diaper that went all the way up her back and into her hair. I almost puked on her head changing it. Motherhood is so glamorous. **

S-Town Podcast

Another silver lining of my sick time… I had time to listen to a podcast! I had heard that Serial and This American Life came out with a new podcast, “S-Town” so I downloaded all seven episodes and listened straight through.

I absolutely loved it. I’m not going to tell you what I liked best about it because I feel like anything I said would be a spoiler, but just take my word for it and go listen to it immediately. And then come back and let me know what you thought. I’m currently listening to other podcasts about the S-Town and reading Reddit threads about it because I’m going through withdrawal.

Summary from the website:

John despises his Alabama town and decides to do something about it. He asks a reporter to investigate the son of a wealthy family who’s allegedly been bragging that he got away with murder. But then someone else ends up dead, sparking a nasty feud, a hunt for hidden treasure, and an unearthing of the mysteries of one man’s life.

Happy listening!

What’s your favorite podcast I should be listening to?

This entry was posted in favorite things and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Have you listened to this podcast yet?!

1. Heather says:

I’ve only listened to the first 10 minutes and I didn’t LOVE it, but willing to keep going with it! My favourite podcasts are What should I read next with Anne Bogel (Modern Mrs Darcy), Sorta Awesome, The Popcast, and Another Damn Trivia Show (fun for car rides!)

2. Wentworth Way says:

I just finished Stown – it was absolutely not what I expected but thoroughly enjoyed it! Like, so, so good. (And this morning was the first morning that we didn’t need to wash BOTH children’s bedding … only one, so I know what you’re going through!)

I’m listening to Up And Vanished right now and I’m hooked. Planning on listening to S-Town next!

Just started this one! Only ten minutes in, but I think I’ll love it!

I JUST listened to the first episode, like 30 minutes ago haha. I need to find some time to listen to the rest of it!

6. I hope you guys can enjoy the weekend without any sickness!! I’m sorry, that sounds totally miserable!

7. I’m not a podcast girl, but I swear every blogger is raving about this one! Maybe if I ever start I’ll put this on the list first 😉 Hope you have a gross-body-function-free weekend!

You need to BECOME a podcast girl! OK, you don’t NEED to, but it’s so nice for car riding or cooking or… just multi-tasking I guess!

8. Kaitlyn says:

Hope you are all feeling better soon. I had something similar last weekend and it was not fun. This week I’ve been so thankful every time I have an appetite to eat and every time I keep food down.

I will check this podcast out, thanks!! I used to listen to more current events podcasts, but have stopped that these days… I really like Dear Sugar and have spent some emotional weekends going through all the back episodes. Also often listen to Modern Love and Strangers.

I finally have my appetite back – THANK GOD. I think you’ll love S-Town. Dear Sugar and Modern Love are two of my favorites but I’m going to check out Strangers!

9. YES! It’s so good!!

10. I am not a huge podcast fan but I’m intrigued by this one.

11. I just finished listening yesterday and it was SO DARN INTERESTING. So many different twists and turns and just an all around unique and interesting story!