Monday Thoughts (v2)

I’m going to get my bloggers license revoked if I don’t get on this whole posting thing… my apologies. I don’t know how 10 days have already passed right on by! I realize that posting seems to be an essential part of blogging, so I’m going to keep on trying to write with a little more consistency. It’s always the goal.

moss-heart

Thoughts.

+ A style challenge.

I’ve written about Audrey’s style challenges before but another one is about to start so you should sign up ASAP! I’ll be scouring thrift stores (and ThredUp, of course) for the next few days, attempting to find awesome clothes from the shopping list. I seriously love her challenges (and blog!) and I think you will, too. I can’t wait to clean out my closet and find new outfits. It makes me feel like I’m one step closer to living my minimalist dream.

+ Apple cider mimosas.

Buy apple cider. Buy champagne. Combine. TA-DA! Now you have the most delicious fall drink. You’re welcome.

+ The NFL protests.

Ah, our President has decided to make a statement some tweets about NFL players. Are we trying to be distracted from some other problems our nation is facing? Of course! Let’s not get sidetracked from healthcare, North Korea, Russia, etc. etc. He is attempting to get his base fired up about patriotism (or the perceived lack thereof) and I’m not falling for it. Do I care if players kneel or stay in the locker room or continue warming up during our anthem? No. I don’t see football as a particularly patriotic event (so why is the anthem even played before the games?) and everyone has a right to do whatever they’d like during the anthem – it’s a part of the first amendment. I could go on about this for quite a bit, but I’ll refrain. I still intend on watching football on Sundays (until the Seahawks continue losing and become unbearable to watch).

+ Halloween costumes.

Clara wants to be a bee for Halloween since she was a bee last year and already has ‘bee clothes’. I’m debating whether to try to talk her out of this by allowing her to pick-out another costume, or whether I should just go with this since I didn’t actually get any pictures of her last year so it’s basically like the holiday never happened.

+ The Neapolitan Novels

Anytime anyone asks for a book recommendation, I always recommend this one (and the rest of the series) because I love these novels (and Elena Ferrante and all things she writes).

Now I’m off to heat up some leftovers and enjoy a late lunch while my house is still (relatively) quiet.

I hope your Monday is off to a fantastic start!

This entry was posted in currently, rantings and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Monday Thoughts (v2)

1. Erika says:

YES. This is exactly how I feel about the national anthem drama. Very well said. 🙂

2. I read something today about how the kneeling is actually to show respect for the veterans and flag, but dissonance with the way the country is going as a whole. Either way- they’re being peaceful and law abiding so I’m 100% good with the statement they’re making.
    Annnyyyywayyyy- apple cider mimosas sound ah. may.zing!

Drink up apple cider mimosas, ASAP! So good! I would like to think that whether people kneel or stand for the anthem it’s not an indication of their respect (or lack thereof) for veterans – I think we can all agree that they should be respected! I’m just annoyed because it’s all such a (contrived) sh*t show to distract from other political messes.

3. My mom always encourages me to eat lunch with the kids, but she doesn’t understand the joy of eating it in silence 🙂 Also, I’ve been failing at the consistent blogging thing for a few months now, so we should start a club!

4. Apple cider mimosas are my favorite!!

how dare you tell me about apple cider mimosas?? and also, right on about the national anthem “issue”. to me? total non-issue, other than good for the people who would like to share their dissent via peaceful demonstration, and of course other than the fact that he’s gaslighting to distract from everything else *coughhealthcarevotecough*

DRINK THEM UP. (Agree with your agreement. Non-issue. And now that we’re away from the health care vote, we can look forward to other theatrics to distract us from the non-action in PR and the tax bill that doesn’t benefit the middle class. Eye roll.)

6. Marcie B says:

My husband always brings up the very valid point of how weird it is that there’s always the anthem before sporting events. “Can you imagine having to stand for the anthem before work every day?”

Yeah I just think it’s strange. I’m not against honoring veterans (of course!) who may be at the games… but athletes shouldn’t need to be any more patriotic than any other person at their place of employment.

7. Laurie Olsen says:

Haha get your blogging license revoked. Doubtful lady! Welcome back! Wink wink! I agree completely with you about the NFL and said tweets. Such a mess. How are we here!?

8. Cube says:

Couldn’t agree more with respect to your NFL comments. What a disaster – in the White House. Great blog, Lisa. I really enjoy your Airbnb posts – especially as we set out to start up our own about 500 miles away from where we live!

Ohhhhh have so much fun hosting your Airbnb! It sounds like you’ll have your own set of challenges with the distance, but hopefully you have fun and are profitable!