This weekend was an especially lazy one for us. (Well, it was as lazy as a weekend can get with toddlers running around and causing chaos!) We’ve had a hectic few weeks lately, with house hunting and end-of-the-year stuff happening at crazy speeds, so it was nice to have a few extra hours to get some things done around the house and even watch a few hours of TV! We also had a few get togethers with friends… which was lovely, per usual.
But mainly I channeled my inner Ozzie…
1) I did not watch the royal wedding (since it was on at like 2am here!) but I did see some pictures and what’s not to love about love?! Although, I’m not quite sure I understand the ravings around Meghan’s wedding dress. She’d be gorgeous in absolutely anything, but I didn’t think her dress was anything special.
2) Bedtime is taking us forever and a half these days. I really wish my girls were the ‘they didn’t every try to climb out of their cribs until they were 16 years old’ types, because this transition into a toddler bed (for Isabelle) has been BRUTAL – as expected.
3) I finally finished the final season of Scandal. It was actually better than I had expected! Sure, I don’t really understand what happened at the end, but I was satisfied with how it all wrapped up. Now I need another show to binge watch…
4) This book is what I’m currently reading, and I have a feeling it’s going to take me a while to get through because there is a lot of introspection / journaling going on over here.
5) Tim and I went on a day date to go mattress shopping (after coffee & biscuits, of course). We’ve really been living the wild life lately! We decided to take the plunge and buy an organic/natural mattress and it was really interesting to learn about them. I think we’re going to be really happy with our purchase… we’d better be because this thing was pricey!
I hope your week is off to a terrific start!