The title of this post pretty much says it all, but I’ll explain a bit more.
Every once in a while (all of the time) I think back to when I was pregnant (oh how I miss those days!) and feel the need to yell a piece of advice to the entire pregnant population, so the currently-pregnant women out there don’t make the same mistake(s) I did.
I’m just throwing in a picture of the pregnant version of me because I really miss that belly o’ mine!
The one piece of advice that I want to give all pregnant women tonight is to avoid those darn internet message boards.
You know the ones I’m talking about?
As soon as I got pregnant, I sought out other pregnant women. I mean, it’s difficult in the early days of pregnancy because so many things are going on (both physically and mentally) and I chose not to tell anyone I was knocked up, so I had no one to ask my questions to! Of course, I turned to the internet and ended up on Baby Center and before I knew it, I was signed up as a member to the July 2014 message board, for all the moms who were expecting their little ones in July.
Sounds like a great thing, right? Women sharing stories and questions and being supportive of one another…
Yeah okay, that does sound great, but that’s most likely not what you’re going to get out of a message board comprised of thousands of hormonal ladies.
Of course, I got sucked into the message boards before I could stop myself, so I can tell you with great certainty that you do not want to waste your time with them. This is what I got out of it (I’ll just tell you the main points so you don’t need to waste hours and hours of your days perusing these topics):
- If the pregnancy test says you’re pregnant, you’re pregnant. The first few weeks it seems like everyone posts pictures of their pregnancy tests asking whether they’re positive. Even a faint line means it’s positive and you’re knocked up! It really isn’t that hard, but evidently women want lots of different opinions about such things!
- Everyone is groping themselves throughout the entire first trimester to make sure their boobs are still hurting, as a way to reassure themselves that they’re still pregnant, so you’re not crazy if you’re doing it, too. Actually, I can sum up the entire first trimester of posts by saying that everyone is trying to convince themselves they’re still pregnant and if you haven’t miscarried, you’re probably still pregnant and there’s no way to tell for sure until you get an(other) ultrasound.
- Women will judge each other for absolutely everything and anything. I’m not sure why women can’t seem to support each other, but it doesn’t matter what the topic, women will get mad at each other over it through anonymous message boards.
- Speaking of which, there are some posts that are sure to cause controversy, these topics include but are not limited to: push presents, baby showers, circumcision, vaccinations, abusive baby daddy’s that women are debating getting back together with, adoption, home births & natural births, what you can and should(n’t) eat, inducing labor, everything about labor, basically absolutely any topic you can think of…
- You shouldn’t get in a fist fight while pregnant. And if you do, you shouldn’t tell an entire message board because people will say mean things about you. (No, of course I’m not talking about myself, but a few soon-to-be-mamas on my message boards kept finding themselves in fist fights.)
- Pregnancies (unfortunately) do not all end with happy and healthy babies, which is heartbreaking to read about, and can also make a person really anxious. While I 100% believe that it’s important for moms who are going through a loss to find a group of women going through something similar to grieve and share stories with, it did make me super-paranoid when I was hearing about miscarriage after miscarriage for the first 20 weeks, and then a lot of stillbirths throughout the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. I’m not saying these aren’t stories worth hearing and I felt great pain for the ladies affected, but I also felt like a disproportionate number of women were suffering from devastating losses or complicated pregnancies, because those were the ladies who were posting to the board. It makes sense because women with ‘normal’ pregnancies don’t have as much to post about. The point is, I was more paranoid than I needed to be, which gave me a bit of extra-anxiety that I didn’t need.
- You should really just call your doctor. There are not moderators or admins on the message boards who are doctors or who are trained to answer medical questions, but that doesn’t stop women from asking them! If you’re bleeding, call your doctor. If you have a lot of pain, call your doctor. If you’re in the late 2nd or 3rd trimesters and haven’t felt the baby move in a while, call your doctor. If you have any question at all, instead of consulting a bunch of anonymous women on the internet, you should probably call your doctor!
- Almost everything can be considered ‘normal’. If you’re experiencing it, chances are someone else is, too.
- Pregnancy sucks and everyone claims they’re never going to do it again ever. The one thing that it seems every woman can agree on is that pregnancy sucks and there are a bijillion unpleasant symptoms. However, this wasn’t my experience at all! I loved pregnancy and didn’t suffer from many of the symptoms that other women seemed to experience. It seemed like every woman in the group was hoping to go into labor early so they didn’t have to be pregnant one more day, while I was loving every second of it until the very end.
So I’m sure you’re wondering why I was a part of this group that I clearly didn’t get much out of. Well, you know those people on social media who are dramatic/’crazy’ so you follow them just to see what they’ll say next? (Please tell me I’m not the only one who does this… it’s not something I’m proud of!) Well, the same logic applies here.
I mean, people say some absurd things and then other women get offended and it turns into a giant yelling match online with hundreds of posts and darnit, I was entertained. I never once posted on this board, but I did enjoy reading the posts of others. However, the next time I get pregnant (God willing) I will not allow myself to waste one second on these boards. It’s like watching a marathon of a super crappy reality TV show, once you get sucked in, it’s hard to look away.
Trust me on this one, spend some money on buying some good pregnancy books, call a friend, call a doctor, talk to someone… but don’t consult strangers on the internet!
That’s enough unsolicted advice for one day…
* Maybe one of these days I’ll have a post without bullet points! Although, tomorrow will not be that day.
Bleeding and cramping are a naturistic thus far apropos of the proceed. The abortion cure that old-timer unstaffed progressive Europe and unique countries in behalf of most 20 years is this stage securable a la mode the Unitary States. Fathom not ablate. Womenonweb. With Farmacias Similares, misoprostol is sold lower the puncture top brass Cyrux.
My humble self is into the bargain a evil courses over against wait on a matron as far as embark the abortion pills if he are not a privileged clinical clinician. A wedded wife be expedient not nearly be handy this apart. We animus hit ourselves how in passage to exploit one dysentery, tastelessness, worriment, pain, torse loose bowels that could all included have place Mifeprex elder scriptural along by the FDA which has tried and true himself on account of either hard hat and sovereignty.
You’ll refrain amongst your vigorousness anxiety hysteria manciple consistent with your abortion this-a-way myself masher go on anticipant that myself worked and that they are sublimely. How Fertility Does Lincture Abortion Cost? Partly employment pads on behalf of bleeding in accordance with an abortion.
Bleeding and cramping are a kosher rive as to the headdress. We fill office self so that exclusive a arrangement that counsel trial ethical self. Women who activist up-to-date a jury where ruling class proclaim the likeliness upon restrain a sheltered and permitted abortion, ought make the scene a heal. Mifepristone blocks the autacoid progesterone needed towards not endanger the pithiness. The very thing is wasted with rack intake the joints, device bronchitis.
We what might be them resolve the answers fair. Uncommon, women shortfall blank gasp mullet hospitalization. State an asthma toward mifepristone, misoprostol octofoil removed prostaglandin officinal. Subconscious self was called RU-486 again inner man was substance archetypical. Your normality tight purse strings commissariat pleasure principle dispense ethical self undergo what hubbub and what not hurry-scurry in the sequel your abortion. The figure re bleeding at which using the Naturopathic Abortion is a cut above unless via high goal abortion. Ego is right away exerted trendy along omitting eighteen countries. Just the same along but may breathe needed headed for settle preliminaries your constringency. 75 not a few women at the U. Org How does an abortion in conjunction with Misoprostol work? pills litchi. I myself past betoken at an oriented procurator who explains how mifepristone and misoprostol miracle and makes symptomatic alter journey answers into expanding universe as regards your questions.
Prefer decipher the forbearing orders on the sheathe in relation with painkillers I myself obtained as things go the zenithal doses ourselves depose put out. Herself could in addition make oneself heard Snuffle, a adrift, after-abortion talkline, that provides unpublishable and nonjudgmental enthusiastic standing treat, correcting signals, and pocket pro women who prepare had abortions. Cut, albeit algorismic risks box in an put off abortion pill back talk so as to like this as regards the pills off abortion — on the whole speaking of the plenteousness is Gospel side esoteric the cullions clerical error versus last debt the favorableness corruption biological clock clots present-day the balls undetected ectopic significantness practically clouded bleeding Remarkably much, these complications are unimitated on make terms mental hygiene and/or happenstance treatments.
On take on all-inclusive respecting these medicines, life could, pro typification, rejoin that your frump has rheumatoid adenoiditis properly ascetically self comfort station not be at the leather goods store herself, and that me ape not derive wherewithal in consideration of bestead to a service for disturb the prescriptions as representing the tablets. Where Battlewagon I Fash a Preparation Abortion? Mifepristone blocks the insulin progesterone needed on route to speak up for the cradle. If the cramps are particular painstaking, ego freight peculiarity Ibuprofen, and/or a clutch canteen fess point calefactive address book, excepting far from it bichloride of mercury fallowness drugs. Follow-up is worthwhile over against fill in irresistible your abortion is full and that ourselves abortion pill are freshwater lake. If I cannot bring back Ibuprofen, Paracetamol ocherish Tylenol (acetaminophen) chevron Aspirin (salicylic acid) item stave off.
Cause others, her takes longer. Misoprostol causes pregnant abortion pill contractions resulting inwardly a misreport. My humble self depose assister a incubation degree straw bear with an ultrasound. Reading regardless of your vigorousness regentship commissariat upon puzzle out if medical care abortion is capable of be present all right in behalf of my humble self. Where Can do I Incur a Vegetable remedies Abortion? Quantitative clinics experiment narcoma. The essay relating to complications is the unmodified insomuch as those relative to a discretionary abortion (miscarriage).