If my uterus had a sign it would read: NO VACANCY.

I’m kind of awful at making announcements (don’t ask me why, it’s one of the quirks about myself that I can’t quite figure out), so ย let me just come out and say that I’m pregnant – 19 weeks pregnant to be exact.

Let’s fast forward through the last few months, shall we?

Thoughts during the first 19 weeks of my second pregnancy

Week 1 … Blissful ignorance. Baby? What baby? We don’t need another baby!
Week 2 … Lalalala life is so great. I love planning for Clara’s birthday party.
Week 3 … Let’s wait 3 years between our first kid and second kid. I’m exhausted just running after this one.
Week 4 … Light spotting! I bet I’m going to get my period back again, finally. I haven’t had one since before I got pregnant with Clara.
Week 5 … I’m tired all of the time and my stomach doesn’t feel quite right.
Week 6 … WHAT DO YOU MEAN I’M PREGNANT?! HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?!
Week 7 … Sure, let’s climb some mountains in Denver while I try not to keel over or throw up.
Week 8 … Well, the doctor agrees with us. I’m pregnant. 8 weeks to be exact (verified via ultrasound).
Week 9 … I’m not getting off the couch.
Week 10 … No seriously, I’m not moving. Oh wait, I guess we technically are moving – to Seattle. In 2 weeks.
Week 11 … WHY DOES CLARA NEVER STOP WALKING AROUND? I just do not have the energy to chase her. Also, genetic testing complete with ย normal results!
Week 12 … Oh, I guess we’re moving to Seattle this week. Please just pack around me, I’ll be in bed if you need me.
Week 13 … Whose idea was it to move across the country during the first trimester? Thank goodness corporate housing has HGTV, because I am not doing anything else all day. Clara, I really wish you would stay entertained by the TV.
Week 14 … House hunting is a JOY with a toddler. (Said no one ever.) This is so tiring. At least we finally found a place and can move… again. And wait… is this a baby bump?! Already? Yikes! I’d better start slathering on that coconut oil.
Week 15 … I swear I’m more nauseous now than ever. WHEN WILL IT END? But it all kind of seems worth it because I swear I felt ‘Baby Beni’ kicking! WOW.
Week 16 … To the ER we go because I can’t stop throwing up.
Week 17 … Wow, I feel alive again! I can function before 11am! I CAN EAT THINGS!
Week 18 … The house will get unpacked, I’m going to start walking with Ozzie, I love taking Clara on play dates, I can’t wait to plan and organize EVERYTHING, all things areย great in the world and Tim and I are celebrating our third wedding anniversary and have I mentioned how awesome everything is now?!… I AM UNSTOPPABLE.
Week 19 … We got to see ‘Baby Beni’ again via ultrasound and (s)he is perfect! (We aren’t finding out the gender until the delivery.) We’ve started brainstorming names.

Phew, now we’re all on the same page again. It really is hard to blog when there’s kind of this huge thing going on in the background (or forefront, really) of my life and I just don’t want to share it yet. Secrets aren’t really my thing.

I’ll be sharing even more details in upcoming posts, so prepare yourself.

This entry was posted in pregnancy and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

42 Responses to If my uterus had a sign it would read: NO VACANCY.

1. Ah! How exciting (I think…haha)!! Sorry you felt so crappy early on though…I can’t even imagine, especially with the move too! But glad you’re feeling better again!!

2. OMGsh!!! I saw the pic on FB and thought “No way…” Then I clicked and sure enough! Congrats!

3. Katherine Lacabe says:

Congrats! !!

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?? I am dead and so happy for you! how on God’s green earth did you wait almost 20 WEEKS to tell people!?!? I honestly don’t think I’ll be able to wait the 12 weeks with the next one…all that to say: CONGRATULATIONS!

Hahahaha I shall answer this question in a blog post ASAP. Thank you for the material ๐Ÿ˜‰ and THANK YOU. Please get on procreating so that we can continue to commiserate.

5. ;kja;ewoiruapweoiufpaiohsfpiwehfpoihawephfraoiwhepfoiawepwaiowreu (Too excited for real words!)

This is a great recap ๐Ÿ™‚ Congratulations!

7. Heather H says:

Congratulations!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ You really summarized those last few months well! lol!!!

8. Lauren Harrelson says:

WOW! Congrats!!

9. Congratulations!! I love the 19 week pregnancy recap!

10. Katie @ A Beautiful Little Adv says:

WOW! Congrats!!

YAY!!! Congrats!! The recap is so cute and funny. I applaud you for being able to wait to find out the gender!

Thanks so much, Macy! I can’t believe how quickly the weeks have been going by this pregnancy. I’ll be writing a post about why we’re not finding out the gender at some point in the near future ๐Ÿ™‚

12. WHOA WHOA WHOA. I had to do a double take because WOWWWWW! You are pregnant, really really PREGNANT. Congrats! And LOOOOOOOVE the surprise gender thing! I’d love to do that, but my husband has not so politely informed me that that will happen over his dead body. He’s a gemstone.

Hahaha I’m like TOTALLY pregnant, as this bump keeps reminding me! It definitely popped out sooner this second time around ๐Ÿ™‚ And I’ll be writing a post in a few days (weeks? who knows.) about not finding out the gender and maybe that will convince your husband ๐Ÿ˜‰

13. Woot! I love reading your week by week thoughts!

14. Jordyn says:

Yee so excited for you! I can’t even imagine how exhausting a move during pregnancy must have been. Congratulations!

Oh it was definitely exhausting. Looking back (now that I feel better) I can’t believe we all survived it in one piece. Thanks for the kind words and support (per usual)!

15. Jennifer Ciszewski says:

Wow! Congrats on your growing family!

16. Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations! I totally love this – glad you’re finally feeling better!

17. I saw this a few days ago but didn’t have the chance to comment – CONGRATS!! So exciting for you and your family! But good heavens, I cannot imagine everything you went through earlier this year – surprise pregnancy, surprise cross-country move: you’re a rockstar!

THANKS! I guess I do love life when it’s unpredictable… but it was a lot to handle all at once! Although, now that I’m feeling better, I’m totally enjoying everything that’s going on right now! So exciting ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Cassie Lee says:

HAHAHAH oh man. Cracking up over here.

19. Amber Thomas says:

I know I already said congratulations and that this post isn’t the newest of yours (although I already read all of those through thoroughly), this is the best pregnancy recap ever. It makes everything feel real but not so daunting… Sometimes the detailed recaps scare me half to death with all their facts and biz.

But mostly CONGRATULATIONS. My heart lept when I saw the announcement on Facebook.

Thanks, Amber!! I honestly think pregnancy SUCKS in the first 16 weeks (for me) or so, but then it’s the most magical thing ever for the rest of the time. Well, until it gets super uncomfortable, but that’s at the end and I think it’s nature’s/God’s way of making us look forward to labor, because even that pain is better than the idea of walking around forever with a huge baby in your abdomen. Ah, the miracle of life.