Mini-Goal for February and Weekend Links

I don’t usually make monthly resolutions, but I’ve decided to make one for February:

Memorize the order of the books in the Bible.

That’s it.

Totally do-able, right?! I hope so.

Have you memorized them? Any tips you’d like to share?!

Things I’ve Read on the Web

// Seven Signs You’re Way Too Busy: “Life doesn’t have to be lived on the edge of burnout. It’s crucial to start breaking busy before the busy starts breaking you. And breaking busy doesn’t mean you have to do less (unless that is, in fact, what you need to do), it means you give your time and energy to the things that you are created to do, not the things you feel you should do out of obligation or expectation.” (here)

// Hillary Clinton for the Democratic Nomination: “Hillary Clinton is the right choice for the Democrats to present a vision for America that is radically different from the one that leading Republican candidates offer – a vision in which middle-class Americans have a real shot at prosperity, women’s rights are enhanced, undocumented immigrants are given a chance at legitimacy, international alliances are nurtured and the country is kept safe.” (here)

// A Psychologist’s Open Letter to U.S. Voters: “Politicians are groomed by us—by our applause, by our polls, by our votes. Whatever you seem to love or hate, they’ll embrace or reject. So be careful what you applaud or attack. It matters what they—and all the little future leaders watching them—think you want in a leader.” (here)

// Nine Books for Your New Year’s Resolution: “It’s resolution season, when we all have a fresh start, a clean slate, and plenty of good intentions. But if you actually want to keep those resolutions, it’s time to get serious about forming the right habits and minding the right things. These 9 books will help you do just that.” (here)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Do you have any extra-special plans? Attending a Superbowl party, perhaps?

This entry was posted in links. Bookmark the permalink.

164 Responses to Mini-Goal for February and Weekend Links

1. I went to Christian school for my entire education, from preschool through college, so yeah, you better believe I wasn’t able to get out of memorizing the books of the Bible at one point or another haha. I don’t remember them all now, but I do remember when we had to memorize definitely the books of the Old Testament, but maybe the New Testament too?, in third or fourth grade, one of my classmates told us that you could sing the minor prophets to the tune of “The More We Get Together” (you know, that kids song – “the mooooore we get together, together, together, the moooooore we get together, the happier we’ll be”), and even though it’s been a good 16-18 years since he taught us that (GOODNESS am I old), I still remember it! Obviously it’s hard to type out how it works, but I just found this video on YouTube that may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I45BSDvh2Dc

AH, you’re the best! I knew there was probably a song out there that would help me out… I went to Catholic high school and think I MUST have memorized the books at some point (at least of one of the Testaments!) but I don’t remember them anymore and I always feel like a dufus at church when I need to look at the table of contents. THANKS!!!

2. I need to get out of my season of being busy….. 😛

3. A Psychologist’s Open Letter to U.S. Voters – SUCH an interesting read! Also, this is hilarious, but I learned the books of the Bible through a song too! I can still sing both the OT and NT tunes today. If you put it on for Clara I guarantee you’ll have it down in 24 hours. Side note – that’s also how I learned my times tables and still have to sing them to myself on a far too frequent basis for basic math 😉

I thought that article was definitely insightful… something to think about! I’m really going to need to listen to that song… I could be done with the memorization in no time! 🙂

4. Rachel Emily says:

I’m so totally terrible at knowing the books of the Bible. I used to know them but now it’s like isss that the New Testament? Or the Old? Don’t ask me. That awful. I read on my app too much – they make it too easy alphabetizing them like that. So that’s a great goal! Good luck!!

I think I’ve memorized the order of about 30 so far… so I’m getting there! But yeah, I agree, the real embarrassing part is that I don’t know which ones are in the New vs Old Testaments!

at some point I had these memorized….catholic school k-8! and I couldn’t list them out for you, but if someone tells me to flip to, let’s say, habbakuk, I can generally remember where that is. this is a great goal!

You are WAY ahead of me then. Honestly, I didn’t even know some of these Old Testament books were even there. I mean, I’ve read through them at some point but clearly didn’t pay much attention to them. So embarrassing.

6. Pingback: obat hpv herbal