I don’t know about you, but I’ve spent way more time on Facebook than I should have over the last several days. Or rather, since the election. It’s been so distracting, and not in a good way. I mean, an HGTV binge is a nice distraction for me, but reading crazy comments on friends’ Facebook walls is not a good use of my time. But it’s hard to look away when so much is being said and debated, isn’t it?
I want to move forward from this election
Here’s how I think we can all do that productively:
- Contribute (financially) to causes we believe in (here’s a list of some).
- Volunteer our time to help our most vulnerable neighbors.
- Seek to understand the issues that our fellow citizens are concerned about.
- Comfort those who are feeling especially vulnerable after the election.
- Educate ourselves on the relevant issues in our country.
- Speak out against oppression and injustice of any kind.
- Teach our children love and tolerance.
- Be optimistic that our voice matters, our votes continue to matter, and that we can (and will!) enact change in our communities and our nation.
Let’s continue to love one another and accept the differences that make us unique, while still standing up for what is right and good and condemning violence and intolerance – shall we?
I hope your weekend is off to a great start!