Before I even get started, I want to tell you that (after avoiding it for a year) I setup a Facebook Page for ‘Two Martinis’. If any of you have any tips on effectively using Facebook for blogging, let me know. My hopes are that it will be easier for my non-blogging friends/followers to follow this way. But we shall see!
And of course, make sure you’re following me so I don’t (continue to) feel super-unpopular.
Thanks in advance, friends!
I’ve had a great week. It was filled with all things wonderful: Church group, hosting dinner at our house with friends, spending time with the Husband, working out, an appointment with our midwife, checking things off our to-do list, a mid-week date night to one of my favorite shows (Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat), March Madness watching, being productive at work, hosting friends for dinner… It was simply the most lovely (and busy!) week.
This is one of my favorite shows and I’m not (that) embarrassed to admit that I know almost every word to every song.
Four thoughts from this week
- My second Pure Barre class was a success! I felt just as sore after this one than I did the first one, which is always a good sign. I’m excited to keep attending classes at the studio. I’m still aiming for going once per week until my unlimited membership starts in mid/late April.
- It’s my favorite time of year… March Madness has arrived (you know, in case you haven’t heard) and it’s been upset central! This has created havoc on my bracket, but I couldn’t be happier about these games. It’s already an exciting tournament, folks! Also, the ‘victory’ dance from that guy on the Mercer team was great.
- I honestly think I work soooo much better from home than in the office. Without needing to worry about showering, getting dressed, what to eat for lunch, and my general commute, I can fit hours of more work into a day.
- I made lasagna for the first time ever (from scratch, obviously) and it went over super well! I may even post the recipe next week, because it was just the most delicious thing ever. For those of you who don’t know/remember, I almost never cook (but I love baking) so this was a huge victory for me.
In honor of March Madness, the cafeteria had free basketball cookies! Oh my (pregnant) heart was so happy.
Four pregnancy notes
- This baby bump is OUT officially! There’s no going back now. I’m starting to feel the tiniest bit uncomfortable when I sit down because my rib cage feels like it’s resting on Baby B’s head and he likes to punch it occasionally. It’s definitely feeling like there isn’t enough room in there!
- We went to our 25 week appointment last week and my midwife said that I was a bit aggressive with my weight gain last month. (I’m paraphrasing… she was kinder with her words). Whoops! I blame all the Oreos and ice cream and southern food! She actually agreed it was probably vacation weight, and she wasn’t at all worried about it, but I’m still going to try to eat a more well-balanced diet so I don’t have as much weight to lose post-baby. Wish me luck… because all I crave are crap foods!
- Within the past week, I fell over putting on shoes and almost Googled ‘how do pregnant ladies put on socks’. These tasks are getting difficult, guys! As if I wasn’t awkward enough before…
- I thought we had decided on a name for Baby B. More specifically, I thought we had figured out a boy name and a girl name. And then the Husband mentioned that he had no idea what they were and what I was even talking about. I swear, sometimes I just talk to myself. Anyway, now we’re back at square one with the name thing.
There are four people in this picture! Baby B and Baby S are just cookin’ away (25 weeks and 37 weeks)
Four links (that are too good not to share)
- On why we’re awful at giving gifts (via The Atlantic)
- On the conflict in Crimea (via Quartz)
- On gender (via Pacific Standard Mag)
- On pregnancy and adorableness (via Digg) *if you think I’ve watched this video less than 5 times, you’d be wrong*
Four Five posts (of mine) you may have missed
- Things I love: Stella & Dot (giveaway) (Sun)
- Our four perfect (and non-relaxing) days in Savannah and Charleston. (Tues)
- So far, this growing bump is NOT the most challenging aspect of pregnancy. (Wed)
- One day I’m going to be able to stretch my leg straight up by my ear. Today is not that day. (Thurs)
- Running away (from God). (Fri)
It is my pleasure to introduce you guys to Cait from ‘My Life As A Long’ today! Cait is a 20-something year old blogger in Tennessee (one of my favorite states!) who has been married to her love for three years (they are seriously too cute!). Cait writes about love, fitness, being a mom to an adorable furbaby (Chaco), and she even writes about a few things DIY! (Because, what good blogger doesn’t write some DIY posts occasionally?! …. Besides me…)
You probably know that I am a total sucker for the ‘real’ and authentic post, and Cait does an excellent job of writing these! I absolutely loved the letter she wrote to her 14-year-old self and I am definitely going to be copying this idea soon.
Also, from time to time, Cait lets her husband take over the blog to tell his side of the (in this case, proposal) story, which always melts my heart.
Join me in following along in following her adventures in fitness and love and travels and life!
**Do you want to be a featured blogger/shop owner? I have some swap (and $2) spots available immediately!
And don’t forget…
- To ‘like’ the new Facebook page
- To shop Stella & Dot and get 10% off
- To shop Red Buffalo Trading (using promo code ‘two martinis’) and get 20% off